Sunday, March 9, 2008

~*Local Tattoo Shops*~










My 19th birthday brought up on this quest to find a good local tattoo shop! In Tuscaloosa, there are 4 tattoo shops! (That I know of! If you know of more, let me know!) And I didn't know which one would be better.....but instead of actually going on an actual quest I just went to the one that I had actually heard and seen good results from! TATTOO EXPERIENCE! I must say that once I walked in it hit me really hard that I was really getting a tattoo, but once I got over the shock everything went kinda smooth. The tattoo guy, William, was real cool after talking to him for a while, but initially he seemed a little "attitudey", I guess you could say. But I guess he was acting like that because I was really indecisive and kept asking him a lot of "this is my first time" questions. So I guess I would be aggitated with me, too! But the whole experience of getting a tattoo wasn't as bad as I thought. But I don't just want to talk about Tattoo Experience without mentioning Eternal Art Tattoos because they are good also. I didn't get my tattoo from there, but I know they are good because that's where I got my belly piercing at. I don't remember the guy's name who did my belly piercing, but he was really cool, from the beginning to the end. So if you get a chance to check out any of the local tattoo shops, I would recommend those two. But I don't want to discourage you from trying Cynical Tattoos or Youngblood's!

5 comments:

Sparky said...

HUGE congrats on the tattoo. My sister got hers for her 19th birthday, too. I was 22 before I finally made up my mind to get mine. I can recommend Bohemian Rhapsody in B'ham, but I'm really glad to know we've got good places here--mine'll need a touch up in a year or so!

Tattoo artists probably seem a little "attitudy" because we don't go into tattoo parlors very much. Kind of like when you take your car to the mechanic nd ask lots of questions about stuff that's really routine for them. *shrug*

So does this qualify as doing something local that you never thought you'd do? :)

Chelsea's blog said...

Oh man I going to have to ask to see this next time you come into class. Many of my friends have started getting a few hear and there recently. I just can't think of anything that I would want to tattoo on myself. Yours looks cool.

~*Hello Kitty*~ said...

Thanks for the comments! I think this does kind of count for something local, Robin. It definetely was something I had never done before! Thanks, Chelsea! But a word of advice would be to figure out exactly what you want because it's not like you can take it back! Also, be careful because tatoos can be very addictive. I can think of at least 3 more that I want to get!

Evan said...

Thats pretty cool!
I would get a tattoo if I was more of a badass.

Sarah's EN103 Blog said...

I've always wanted my belly button pierced. I've heard from some people that it is extremely painful and I've heard from others that it doesn't hurt at all. I'm scared to even get my ears pierced, though. I HATE needles. What's your take on it?