Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Boy, boy boy!! Another hot resource!!

In high school, I was told that "in college, the teachers aren't going to help you!", etc, etc, etc. Well, I hate to say it, but my high school teachers lied to me! They kept making comments about how there was going to be any help for us once we get in college. But the truth is that there are people willing to help you! You just have to be willing to ask for help. After being sick and having to miss class, Robin told me that for my peer evaluation I would have to go to the Writing Center. I set up an appointment for the next Monday. I went Monday evening at my scheduled time. And I must say that I'm glad that I went. The girl that I worked with was very friendly and she pointed out a lot of the errors I had made. She also made me realize that my paper wasn't as bad as I thought. I went in the Writing Center thinking that I would probably have to rewrite my whole paper after she reads it because I really thought my paper needed a lot of improvement. Well, it turns out that it didn't need as much as I thought. She helped me with my errors and was very friendly about it, so I must say that everything turned out better than I had expected. So I just want to recommend to anyone who might need help with their papers to go! And I want to thank Robin for sending me there!

4 comments:

Evan said...

yeah my high school teachers said the same stuff. They also made it seem like going to class would be completely optional...Now all my classes take attendance...Frustrating...

I've never been to the writing center, maybe i need to use it some time.

Nick said...

I haven't been to the writing center this semester but I went 2 or 3 times last year. They really do help a lot. Trying to find a time is hard sometimes though.

~*Hello Kitty*~ said...

Yeah, it seems as if the high school teachers curriculum includes lying to the children about how hard college is and how there isn't going to be any help!! I don't know who started it, but they really need to stop. Nick, I agree that trying to find a time can be hard, but they are helpful nonetheless.

Blogging for Dummies said...

I heard the same thing in high school. I was told that there would be no help from anybody, but that turned out to be wrong.