Tuesday, April 1, 2008

~Local Things in Tuscaloosa that Hit Close To Home~

I must say that all the talk in class about local businesses has had me thinking of local businesses back home. After thinking of some local businesses, I was tickled when I realized that at least 2 of the local businesses that I know from home have been "franchised" to Tuscaloosa. One of my favorite Italian restaurants and the only one that we have back at home, Mr. G's is franchised in Tuscaloosa and so is a boutique from home called Perfect Touch. Once, I realized that a sense of pride in my small town began to bring a smile to my face. Most people don't even know Demopolis exists, so it felt good to know that people from my hometown had somehow expanded or "put Demopolis on the map" kind of. Mr. G's is a really good restaurant that is located WAY in Northport. It is really worth trying. I don't know exactly where Perfect Touch is located in Tuscaloosa, but I know that there is one up here. (The owner is one of my classmate's mom! And he goes to UA! Roll Tide!) But I just wanted to share that piece of information because after I found it out it really tickled my fancy. So if you get a chance I recommend that you go check out those places.

No comments: