Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Next Best Thing Since Sliced Bread: City Cafe

Well, one of my classmates recently introduced me to what I call "The Best Thing Since Sliced Bread"......City Cafe! When my friend told me about it, I was wondering why I had never heard about it but I was still willing to go. So after class we got in her car and traveled to Downtown Northport to City Cafe! The first thing that came to my mind when I went to Downtown Northport was "OMG! The scenery down here is so cute!". After that thought, I was like "Why haven't I been down here before?". So once we got in there, I realized how popular it is because it was so crowded in there and we had to wait in a long line to find a seat. We found a seat about 10 minutes after we got in there. The waitress then came to our table and took our order. The thing about the restaurant is that it serves some really good "southern food". They sell the food by what I call the "vegetable/meat system". You can get 1 vegetable and a meat, 2 veggies and a meat, 3 veggies and a meat or 4 veggies and a meat. You could just get all vegetables if you'd like! But anyway, it kind of reminded me of Doster's Cafe on campus because it only sells certain meats and vegetables on certain days. Their candied yams were very good for those of you who like them. I would recommend them! Overall, I would recommend City Cafe because it's good local "southern food" at a "college's student" price! So if you get a chance to, please check it out!

No comments: